In order to qualify for City positions, a City application form must be completed and received by the stated deadline. Applications and position descriptions are available in the City Administrator’s office, 227 South Front Street, 507-934-0663 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Applications for Police Department positions are available from the Saint Peter Civil Service Commission, c/o Saint Peter Police Department, 207 South Front Street, 507-931-1550.
Faxed, emailed, and/or late applications will not be considered for any City of Saint Peter (including Police) position unless specifically stated in the position advertisement.
The City of Saint Peter is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Open Positions - The following positions are now open for application:
BUILDING INSPECTOR - The City of Saint Peter is currently accepting applications for the position of Building Inspector in the Building Department. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school degree; Possession of State of Minnesota Building Inspector Limited Certification or ability to obtain within one year of date of employment; Demonstrated ability to perform plan review for residential, commercial, and industrial building construction and alterations; Possession of a valid drivers’ license. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of post-high school course work in building inspection or construction oriented, architectural, or engineering courses and experience in any of the skilled construction trades, architectural design, or engineering, and experience as a municipal building inspector; Demonstrated knowledge of Minnesota State Building Code, current International Building Code, current Minnesota Plumbing Code, current Uniform Housing Code, and the Minnesota Uniform Fire Code, and other laws regulating building construction; demonstrated knowledge of building construction methods and materials; knowledge of the principles and practices of plumbing and heating code enforcement; Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and procedures of rental code enforcement; Demonstrated ability to read and interpret building and plumbing plans and specifications; Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA regulations. $21.50-$24.00 per hour depending on qualifications.. Applicants are required to complete a City application form available in the City Administrator’s office at 227 South Front Street between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1-5 p.m. or by calling (507)934-0663. Completed applications must be received by the City Administrator’s office by 5:00 p.m. March 26, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled April 2, 2020. Faxed, emailed, and/or late applications will not be accepted. AA/EEO
SEASONAL POSITIONS - Click here for the seasonal application form: SEASONAL APPLICATION. The City of Saint Peter is now accepting applications for seasonal positions for the 2020 summer season. Applications are available on the City’s website at www.saintpetermn.gov, the City Administrator’s office, 227 S. Front Street, or by calling 507-934-0663. Completed applications must be received by the City Administrator’s office by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2020. Faxed and/or late applications will not be accepted. A condition of employment shall be successful completion of a background investigation, and successful completion of pre-employment drug test. Employees will be subject to post-accident, random, reasonable suspicion, return to duty, and follow-up drug and alcohol testing. Must be at least 16 years of age for Recreation and Leisure Services positions; 15 years of age for aquatics positions and 18 years of age for Public Works positions. The following seasonal positions are available:
- PUBLIC WORKS SEASONAL LABORER: Duties include a variety of manual labor tasks associated with the care, maintenance, and cleaning of City facilities and equipment including, but not limited to, painting, washing, mowing, weeding, digging, cleaning and organizing; planting, trimming, and removal of trees and shrubs and mowing and trimming facilities. 40 hours/week. Applicants must possess a minimum valid Class C or D driver’s license. Must pass pre-employment drug test; subject to post-accident, random, reasonable suspicion, return to duty, and follow-up drug and alcohol testing required by federal regulations. Starting wage $10.25/hour. Minimum age: 18.
- RECREATION COORDINATOR: Train and supervise staff, organize and implement summer programs. Leadership and supervisory experience with recreation activities required. Need strong organizational, motivational, planning and leadership skills. 35–40 hours/week. Mid May–End of August. Starting wage: $11.25/hour.
- VOLUNTEER IN THE PARK COORDINATOR: Recruit, train, assign and supervise youth volunteers. Strong organizational skills and previous work with youth required. Assist organization and implementation of Exploration Recreation Program. Flexible hours. 30–40 hours/week. May–August. Starting wage: $11.25/hour
- RECREATION LEADERS: Responsibilities include implementing youth summer recreation and sports programs and special events. Previous experience working with youth desired. Strong leadership and organizational skills required. Mid May–mid/mid-August. 35–40 hours/week. Starting wage: $10.00/hour.
- HEAD LIFEGUARDS: Duties include supervision of aquatics personnel, pool patrons, and pool facility. Must have three years of lifeguard experience. Current WSI, LGT, First Aid and CPR certificates required. Strong leadership background. Minimum age: 18. Starting wage: $11.50/hour.
- LIFEGUARD/WSI: Duties include teaching swim lessons and supervision of swimmers. Some maintenance. Full, part-time and substitute positions. Current WSI, LGT, First Aid and CPR Certificates required. Starting wage: $10.65/hour.
- LIFEGUARD (without WSI): Duties include supervision of swimmers and some maintenance. Full, part-time and substitute positions. Current LGT, First Aid and CPR Certificates required. Minimum age: 15. Starting wage: $10.25/hour.
- OUTDOOR POOL CASHIER: Duties include collection of pool fees, light bookkeeping, some maintenance and strong public relations skills. Minimum age: 15. Part-time. Starting wage: $8.25/hour