Saint Peter welcomes you as an applicant for employment. Applications must be received by the City Administrator’s office. Seasonal positions open until filled.
To ensure that your application will be accurately processed, please review the following:
(1) Complete a separate application form for each Department you are applying for a position with. (i.e. If you are interested in a Public Works Laborer job and a Recreation Lifeguard position, you must fill out two applications.) Complete all sections fully – even if previously employed by the City of Saint Peter. Incomplete applications may disqualify you from consideration.
(2) Make sure the application is completed in its entirety. Make sure to list all tools and/or equipment you have experience with. In addition, please indicate any and all experience you may have had such as babysitting, mowing lawns, etc… Incomplete applications may lose credit or be removed from further consideration. Attach résumé or additional information for consideration only upon request. Make copies of the necessary licensure and attach to application, PRIOR to submission to City Administrator’s office. Do NOT provide copies of your social security card, birth certificate or other legal documents.
(3) Applications received after the advertised closing date deadline will not be accepted. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
(4) Applicants not hired during the initial recruitment period may be contacted later in the summer to determine their interest in and availability to assume other seasonal positions with the City.
SUBMIT FORM ONLINE OR RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM BY STATED DEADLINE TO:
City Administrator's Office City of Saint Peter227 South Front StreetSaint Peter, MN 56082-2538Telephone: (507) firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning completion of your employment application or the employment procedures for the City of Saint Peter, please call the City Administrator's Office at 507-934-0663.
It is the policy of the City of Saint Peter to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. The City of Saint Peter will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance. Our employment decisions are made on the basis of individual ability and merit. Upon request, accommodations will be provided to applicants in accordance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call (507) 934-0663.
The eligibility requirements for veteran's preference are listed below. Read them carefully to see if you qualify. If you do wish to receive preference, be sure to read this section. Providing the information in this section is voluntary. You must do so if you wish to obtain the preference.
Veteran Eligibility for Open Competitive Position (10 Points)Must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien who has separated under honorable conditions:(1) After serving on active duty for 181 consecutive days, or (2) By reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty.
Disabled Veteran Eligibility for Open Competitive Position (15 Points)Must have a compensable service connected disability as adjudicated by the United States Veteran's Administration or by the Retirement Board of the several branches of the armed forces and the disability must exist at the time preference is claimed.
Disabled Veteran Eligibility for Promotional Position (5 Points)Must, at the time of election to use preference, be entitled to disability compensation for a permanent service-connected disability rated at 50% or more and the position for which you are applying must be the first promotion after entering public employment.
Eligibility as a Spouse of a Deceased or Disabled Veteran Must be a spouse of either a deceased veteran or the spouse of a disabled veteran who, because of a disability, is unable to qualify for the particular position due to his/her disability and who would have or does meet the criteria for one of the above-listed preferences.
ALL APPLICANTS CLAIMING VETERAN'S PREFERENCE MUST ATTACH A COPY OF HIS/HER FORM DD214. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF VETERAN'S PREFERENCE ELIGIBILITY.
City of Saint Peter Veteran's Preference Claim Form
In accordance with the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, the City of Saint Peter is required to inform you of your rights as they relate to the private information collected from you. Private data is information that is available to you, but not the public. The personal information we collect about you is private. Minnesota Statutes 13.04 and 13.43 are two sections that govern what affects you as an applicant for employment with the City of Saint Peter. All data collected is considered private except for the following:
(1) Your veteran's status.(2) Relevant test scores.(3) Your rank on our eligibility list.(4) Your job history.(5) Your education and training.(6) Your work availability.
Your name is considered private information; however, if you are selected to be interviewed as a finalist, your name becomes public information.
The data supplied by you may be used for such other purposes as may be determined to be necessary in the administration of personnel policies, rules, and regulations of the City of Saint Peter. Furnishing social security numbers, date of birth (unless a minimum age is required), sex, age group, and disability data is voluntary, but refusal to supply other requested information will mean that your application for employment may not be considered.
Private data is available only to you, appropriate City employees, and others as provided by state and federal law who have a bona fide need for the data. Public data is available to anyone requesting it and consists of all data furnished in the application for employment that is not designated in this notice as private data.
Except for race, sex, age, and disability data, the information you give us about yourself is needed to identify you and to assist the Saint Peter City Administrator's Office in determining your suitability for the position for which you are applying. Race, sex, age, and disability data are used in summary for, by the City of Saint Peter to monitor protected class employment and to meet federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
I declare that I have read and understand the information given above regarding the Minnesota Data Practices Act.
Before signing this application, please read the following waiver carefully.
1) I have read and understand the job announcement for the position for which I am applying and certify that the answers given in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that incomplete or inaccurate information may result in disqualification of this application.
2) I authorize all current and previous employers to release job-related information upon the written request of the City Administrator's Office. However, I understand that if, in the Employment History section, I have answered "No" to the question, "May we contact this employer?," contact with the employer will not be made without my specific authorization.
3) I authorize the City of Saint Peter and any agent acting on its behalf to verify all job-related information on this application to determine whether or not I am qualified for the position for which I am applying. Moreover, I hereby release the City of Saint Peter and any agent acting on its behalf from any and all liability of whatsoever nature by reason of requesting such information from any person.
4) I understand that providing false information on this application may result in dismissal from any position gained on the basis of that false information.
5) I understand that this application is not, nor is it intended to be a contract of employment.
6) I declare that I have read and understand the information about the Minnesota Data Practices Act given above in the Tennessen Warning.
Your electronic signature below indicates your agreement with the statements: By typing my name in the following box and clicking the submit button I certify the above statements to be true and correct, to the best of my knowledge, and that this information can be used for the purpose of processing my employment application and information.
The City of Saint Peter needs your cooperation in the completion of this form. It will enable the City to report accurate information to both the State and Federal governments.
The following information in no way affects you as an individual applicant. This information will be used to find out how effective our recruitment efforts are in reaching all segments of the population and in validation of our selection methods. The information will not be maintained in personnel files and it will not be made available to any person involved in decisions affecting an individual's appointment or promotion to a position. Although providing this information is voluntary, it is important that all applicants answer these questions so that we may take steps to prevent discrimination in the recruitment and selection of employees for public service.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field