Saint Peter welcomes you as an applicant for employment.
It is the policy of the City of Saint Peter to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. The City of Saint Peter will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance. Our employment decisions are made on the basis of individual ability and merit. Upon request, accommodations will be provided to applicants in accordance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call (507) 934--0663.
To ensure that your application will be accurately processed, please review the following:
(1) Complete a separate application form for each position opening you apply for, following instructions completely and signing your application where required.
(2) Be specific and complete when filling out the Employment History section. Application forms that are incomplete will be removed from further consideration. A resume may be attached to the completed application.
(3) Applications must be submitted by the advertised closing date. When the stated deadline is past, all applications will be reviewed and evaluated to determine how well each applicant is suited for the position opening.
(4) Interviews will be conducted by the appropriate department head. Others may be involved as needed. After discussion, they will select the best applicant for the position.
(5) The City Administrator's Office will inform the successful applicant and arrange a starting date. Applicants will be notified by mail that the position has been filled.
(6) The City of Saint Peter strongly encourages City employees to live within the City they serve.
SUBMIT FORM ONLINE OR RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM TO:
City Administrator's Office City of Saint Peter227 South Front StreetSaint Peter, MN 56082-2538Telephone: (507) 934-0663
If you have any questions concerning completion of your employment application or the employment procedures for the City of Saint Peter, please call the City Administrator's Office at 507-934-0663.
In accordance with the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, the City of Saint Peter is required to inform you of your rights as they relate to the private information collected from you. Private data is information that is available to you, but not the public. The personal information we collect about you is private. Minnesota Statutes 13.04 and 13.43 are two sections that govern what affects you as an applicant for employment with the City of Saint Peter. All data collected is considered private except for the following:
(1) Your veteran's status.(2) Relevant test scores.(3) Your rank on our eligibility list.(4) Your job history.(5) Your education and training.(6) Your work availability.
Your name is considered private information; however, if you are selected to be interviewed as a finalist, your name becomes public information.
The data supplied by you may be used for such other purposes as may be determined to be necessary in the administration of personnel policies, rules, and regulations of the City of Saint Peter. Furnishing social security numbers, date of birth (unless a minimum age is required), sex, age group, and disability data is voluntary, but refusal to supply other requested information will mean that your application for employment may not be considered.
Private data is available only to you, appropriate City employees, and others as provided by state and federal law who have a bona fide need for the data. Public data is available to anyone requesting it and consists of all data furnished in the application for employment that is not designated in this notice as private data.
Except for race, sex, age, and disability data, the information you give us about yourself is needed to identify you and to assist the Saint Peter City Administrator's Office in determining your suitability for the position for which you are applying. Race, sex, age, and disability data are used in summary for, by the City of Saint Peter to monitor protected class employment and to meet federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
I declare that I have read and understand the information given above regarding the Minnesota Data Practices Act.
(Only complete this section if a driver's license is required for the position you are applying for.)
Please list any other licenses, registrations, or certifications that are required or pertinent to the position you are applying for. If this licensing, etc., is required for the position, you need to upload a copy or your name will be removed from further consideration for the position. If this licensing is not required for the position but you feel it is relevant and may be an item for which we are awarding points, please indicate below for credit to be awarded.
* The City of Saint Peter uses a 100-point system to assign value to the experience and training that relates most closely to the position you are applying for. Your experience and training will be scored using the experience and training value system designed for this position. Those applicants (typically the top 6 to 8) with the highest number of total points will be advanced for additional consideration.
• In order to receive the correct points and credit for the knowledge and skills you have acquired, it is absolutely necessary that you are specific when describing these skills. Do not use a single general statement to describe the duties you have performed. List each major duty performed for each position held within the past five years. Whether you are describing your experience as a clerical worker or a truck driver, list each duty separately and be specific. Describe duties in specific terms, such as "performed word processing using Word," or "operated forklift, front end loader, and back hoe." Statements such as "performed general clerical work" or "operated heavy equipment" are too general.
• Please be specific in stating the dates of employment and number of hours you worked per week for each job experience indicated. We need this information to properly score your experience. If hours worked per week vary, please use the average number of hours worked per week.
* Please give accurate and complete information. List your present or most recent experience first.
* DON'T JUST INCLUDE A RESUME. Please fill in employment history and duties completely.
(from most recent)
PRESENT OR MOST RECENT EMPLOYER
The eligibility requirements for veteran's preference are listed below. Read them carefully to see if you qualify. If you do wish to receive preference, be sure to read this section. Providing the information in this section is voluntary. You must do so if you wish to obtain the preference.
Veteran Eligibility for Open Competitive Position (10 Points)Must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien who has separated under honorable conditions:(1) After serving on active duty for 181 consecutive days, or (2) By reason of disability incurred while serving on active duty.
Disabled Veteran Eligibility for Open Competitive Position (15 Points)Must have a compensable service connected disability as adjudicated by the United States Veteran's Administration or by the Retirement Board of the several branches of the armed forces and the disability must exist at the time preference is claimed.
Disabled Veteran Eligibility for Promotional Position (5 Points)Must, at the time of election to use preference, be entitled to disability compensation for a permanent service-connected disability rated at 50% or more and the position for which you are applying must be the first promotion after entering public employment.
Eligibility as a Spouse of a Deceased or Disabled Veteran Must be a spouse of either a deceased veteran or the spouse of a disabled veteran who, because of a disability, is unable to qualify for the particular position due to his/her disability and who would have or does meet the criteria for one of the above-listed preferences.
ALL APPLICANTS CLAIMING VETERAN'S PREFERENCE MUST ATTACH A COPY OF HIS/HER FORM DD214. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF VETERAN'S PREFERENCE ELIGIBILITY.
City of Saint Peter Veteran's Preference Claim Form
Before signing this application, please read the following waiver carefully.
1) I have read and understand the job announcement for the position for which I am applying and certify that the answers given in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
2) I authorize all current and previous employers to release job-related information upon the written request of the City Administrator's Office. However, I understand that if, in the Employment History section, I have answered "No" to the question, "May we contact this employer?," contact with the employer will not be made without my specific authorization.
3) I authorize the City Administrator's Office to verify all information on this application to determine whether or not I am qualified for the position for which I am applying.
4) I understand that providing false information on this application may result in dismissal from any position gained on the basis of that false information.
Your electronic signature below indicates your agreement with the following statements: By typing my name in the following box and clicking submit button I certify the above statements to be true and correct, to the best of my knowledge, and that this information can be used for the purpose of processing my employment application and information.
The City of Saint Peter needs your cooperation in the completion of this form. It will enable the City to report accurate information to both the State and Federal governments.
The following information in no way affects you as an individual applicant. This information will be used to find out how effective our recruitment efforts are in reaching all segments of the population and in validation of our selection methods. The information will not be maintained in personnel files and it will not be made available to any person involved in decisions affecting an individual's appointment or promotion to a position. Although providing this information is voluntary, it is important that all applicants answer these questions so that we may take steps to prevent discrimination in the recruitment and selection of employees for public service.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field