Veterans Memorial Park
New playground equipment and ground surface installed 2020.
- Baseball Field Regulation with Lights
- Baseball Field Regulation without Lights
- Basketball Court without Lights
- Batting Cage
- Drinking Fountain(s)
- Hockey Rink with Lights
- Ice Skating Rink with Lights
- Parking Lot
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Table(s)
- Restroom Stalls Ladies/Mens
- Showering Facilities
- Soccer Field
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Courts Regulation with Lights
HistoryKnown for decades as "The Rec Field", Veterans Memorial Park was established in 1937, and officially named in 1961 to honor Saint Peter area veterans. The swimming pool was built in 1938, and in 1962 named for Roy "Truddie" Lindenberg (1900 to 1960), a student athlete, 11-varsity letter graduate of Gustavus Adolphus College, coach and high school teacher. Lindenberg was a city Alderman from 1937 to 1952. The changing house and pools were extensively renovated in the 1980s, when the separate kiddie-pool and diving pit were added.
AmenitiesThe baseball fields serve High School, St. Peter Baseball Association, Over 35, and Over 50 teams.
There is a skating rink, hockey rink and a warming house provided for winter sports activities. In the summer the hockey rink has been used for electric car racing. Several youth soccer fields and a newly constructed soccer rink with turf has been a great asset for summer activities.
- Diving Pool - 50 feet by 50 feet
- Wading Pool - 18 feet by 18 feet
- Swimming Pool - 80 feet by 80 feet
- Dugouts 50 feet by 8 feet with storage rooms and drinking fountains
- Lighted flagpole
- Scoreboard Baseball diamond 362 feet from home plate to centerfield fence
- 2 dugouts with 2 wooden benches in each
- Baseball diamond 300 feet from home plate to centerfield fence
- Drinking fountain
- No direct lighting