- Drinking Fountain(s)
- Parking Lot
- Softball Field Non-Regulation
This park was created in April 1976 and set-aside by the developers of the “Daun Addition”, the neighborhood to the north and east of the park. The land had belonged to the Daun family, longtime residents of Saint Peter. Area kids called the park “Prickly Park” because of all the sandburs that grow in the sandy soil. A baseball diamond was upgraded with backstop and dugouts with donations from the St. Peter Baseball Association. New playground equipment was added next to MVED in cooperation with the City and fencing was added with the extension of North Washington Avenue to its intersection with Dodd Ave (Highway 22) in 2014 to 2015.
The park recognizes Alexander Ramsey (1815 to 1903), who was the first Territorial Governor and second Governor of Minnesota. He later was mayor of St. Paul, a US Senator, and Secretary of War in the Hayes Administration (1879 to 1881). Ramsey County and parks and schools around the upper Midwest are named for him.