View all facilities

Minnesota Square Park

  1. 1
  2. 2
Documents

Minnesota Square Park Donation Form (PDF)

Features

  1. Benches
  2. Drinking Fountain(s)
  3. Grill
  4. Picnic Table(s)
  5. Playground
  6. Restrooms
  7. Softball Field(s)
  8. Tennis Court
  9. Volleyball

Features


  • Basketball Court w/o Lights
  • Benches
  • Drinking Fountain(s)
  • Grill(s)
  • Information Kiosk
  • Pavilion
  • Picnic Table(s)
  • Playground
  • Restrooms
  • Softball Field Non-Regulation
  • Tennis Courts Non-Regulation
  • Volleyball Court w/ Lights and Volleyball Court w/o Lights

New Pavilion


Check out the new Minnesota Square Park Pavilion!
The construction of the pavilion was completed August 2019.

The City’s project to replace the pavilion in Minnesota Square Park was awarded an Arts and Cultural Heritage Grant for $200,000 from the State of Minnesota.  Thank you!
Clean water land and legacy amendment

Veterans Memorial

In 2018 a memorial to veterans was constructed on the northeast corner of the park.
Action at the City Council meeting in December 2019 included the acceptance of the donation of the Veteran’s Memorial in Minnesota Square Park by the St. Peter Area Veteran’s Memorial Committee. 
For more information about the Saint Peter Area Veterans Memorial or information on how to honor your Veteran go to: Saint-Peter-Area-Veterans-Memorial

History


Minnesota Square Park was established in 1854. This park was in the original plat of Saint Peter in 1854 and has been our town's premier park ever since. At one time Washington Elementary school was located on the southwest corner of the park. The park is the site of many city celebrations such as; Memorial Day, Fourth of July Celebration, Rock Bend Folk Festival, and Ambassador Blues Fest.

In the early 1900's only a single light bulb hung over the crossing of paths in the center of the park. Money from the Federal Works Progress Administration (WPA) in 1935 was used to start a pavilion with a circular concrete base in the middle of the park. In 1947, a cylindrical band shell was built atop the base, and a summer concert music series was held there for years. In 1964 the current pavilion was built to replace the band shell. Many community volunteers worked to rebuild the pavilion in 1990. Funds are currently being sought for the construction of a new pavilion