- Parking Information
City of Saint Peter General Parking Rules
The goal of the Saint Peter Police Department in regards to parking, is to provide safe and accessible roadways for our residents. Our parking ordinances allow for use by all residents and maintenance by the City of Saint Peter Public Works Department.
Parking on streets shall be limited as follows:
1. It is unlawful for any person to stop, park or leave standing any vehicle upon any street for a continuous period in excess of 24 hours. This ordinance is in effect year round, with heightened enforcement during the winter months to ensure plows the ability to clear the streets.
2. There is no parking in the downtown areas from 2am-6am. The Chief of Police may, when authorized by resolution of the Council, designate certain streets, blocks, or portions of streets or blocks to time limited parking zones and shall mark by appropriate signs any zones so established.
3. The City of Saint Peter has two areas zoned residential permit parking only. This includes several blocks of Seventh Street and Capitol Drive. Permits for residents living in these areas may be obtained through the Community Development Office at City Hall.
It is unlawful to park in any of the following places:
- On a sidewalk
- In front of a driveway
- Within an intersection
- Within ten feet of a fire hydrant
- On a crosswalk
- Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at any intersection
- Within 30 feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic control signal located at the side of a roadway.
- Within 50 feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing
- Within 20 Feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within 75 feet of said entrance when properly sign-posted.
- Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic
- On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street
- At any place where official signs prohibit stopping
- In any alley
- On any boulevard which has been curbed
If you need to leave your vehicle, a parking okay may be granted by calling the Saint Peter Police Department at 507-931-1550.
To Pay the Ticket:
1. In person, come to the Saint Peter Police Department at 207 S. Front Street, St Peter. Open 24 hours a day, every day. We accept cash or check.
2. By mail, send a check or money order with the ticket payable to “City of St Peter” in the amount shown below.
3. Online, go to: Select “View or Pay Bills” then “Pay Police Fees”
- Add the ticket number reference/permit number. (there is a convenience fee that will be automatically added)
To Plead Not Guilty:
1. Call the Saint Peter Police Department at 507-931-1550. The Police Department will submit your citation to court, you will then need to contact court administration at 507-550-7032 for a court date.
Snow Emergency Rules and Removal Policy
City of Saint Peter Parking Ordinances
Link to City of Saint Peter City Code. Parking, ARTICLE VI.