Library Card & Privileges
How to Obtain a Library Card
- Complete the Library Card Registration Form (PDF)
- Children under 16 years of age will be required to have a parent or guardian present to sign on the registration form.
- Present with proof of current address (Minnesota driver's license, Minnesota ID card, or phone/utility bill)
- Borrow from an extensive collection of books, audiovisual materials, magazines, and newspapers.
- Choose from recent additions to the collection:
- 14,000 adult book titles, including 25 new bestsellers every month
- 15,500 children's book titles
- Over 1000 audiobooks on CD
- Over 150 periodical subscriptions, including newspapers & magazines
- Over 3000 DVDs
- Over 600 large print titles
- Over 600 music CDs
- Receive expert assistance in locating needed information and materials, including interlibrary loan services and electronic databases.
By registering for a library card, users agree to:
- Have their card blocked and not be allowed to check out new materials if several items are past due
- Notify the library if they have lost their library card or have a change in name or address - library card replacement cost is $1
- Realize that parents and/or guardians are responsible for materials borrowed on a child's card
- Reimburse the library for replacement costs and/or processing fees of lost, stolen or damaged materials checked out on their library card
- Return all overdue items
- Return borrowed materials on or before the due date
Fine Free Establishment
As of January 1, 2014, the Saint Peter Library is fine free.