Moving Into or From Saint Peter (Setup or Change Service)
If moving into a Saint Peter residence, please do the following:
- Notify the Saint Peter Finance Department at 507-934-0664, at least 24 hours in advance so that a reading can be scheduled for your new residence. Meters are not read on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays.
- Fill out a Contract For Service form. On the form you will need to provide your social security number, driver’s license number, and nearest relative. Residential Utility Contract for Service (PDF)
- If you are a tenant, you will be required to pay a $100 deposit. If you are moving from one Saint Peter rental property to another, your deposit may be transferred to your new address. Your final bill from your previous address must be paid in full by the due date for the transfer to occur.
- Utility bills are mailed on the last working day of the month. Payment is due on or before the 15th of each month. At City Hall, 227 S. Front Street, there is a payment drive-up box by the flag pole for your convenience. You can also View your Utility Bill Online.
- Automatic bank debit plans are available. Sign up for automatic payment with the Authorization for Automatic Payments form (PDF).
If you are moving out of a Saint Peter residence please do the following:
- Notify the Saint Peter Finance Department 507-934-0664 at least 24 hours in advance so that a final reading can be scheduled for your residence. Meters are not read on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays. Refuse service curbies and recycling curbies must stay with the property for which they were ordered.
- If you are a homeowner, the following information will be asked of you when you call in: the date of the change over to the new owner, your forwarding address, and the new owner’s name.
- If you are a tenant, we will ask for the date the liability reverts back to the property owner and your forwarding address. Your $100 deposit will be applied to your final bill.
- If you will still own the house or property, and it will be vacant, we would like to know your forwarding address so that we may send your bills to you. If refuse and recycling service will no longer be needed during a long vacancy let us know and billing can be stopped for these two services on a monthly basis.