Riverside Park & Municipal Campground
Riverside Municipal Campground is located within the 120 acre Riverside Park on the banks of the Minnesota River in historic Saint Peter, Minnesota.
The park contains nearly 2,000 feet of frontage on the Minnesota River and its related backwaters. A designated state canoe route, the Minnesota River is known for its large walleyes and catfish.
Riverside Park accesses miles of hiking, biking, cross country ski and snowmobile trails. Facilities nearby include:
- 11 Camper/Electric Sites
- 5 Tent Sites
- Boat Ramp
- Canoe Landing
- Drinking Water
- Fire Rings
- Fishing Pond
- Heated Restrooms & Shower Facilities
- Picnic Shelter and Tables
- Trailer Dump Stations
- Volleyball Courts
Campers must register at the Police Department in the Municipal Building, located between both Front Street entrances to the Park.
Sites with camper/electric hook-ups are $26.84 (includes tax) per night, and tent/non-electric sites are $16.11 (includes tax) per night. Campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis and are restricted to one vehicle per site, with no more than 6 people per site unless as a single family unit.
Check-out time is at noon.
Rules & Regulations
- Camping availability is on a first come, first serve basis, no reservations are allowed. All campers must be registered and paid before occupying a site. A campsite's occupancy is limited to one camping unit. Additional persons are permitted only with prior approval.
- Camping is allowed only in designated sites. There are 11 electrical sites and 5 tent sites. It is prohibited to install or affix equipment or a structure in a permanent manner. Furniture other than camping related portable chairs and tables is prohibited.
- The City of Saint Peter is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Dispose of garbage in provided receptacles. Littering is prohibited. Disposal of sewage waste must be in accordance with chapter 4630. Sanitary dump station is located the entrance to the park off Front St and Park Row.
- Firearms, fireworks, airguns, slingshots, etc are not allowed at any time. Hunting and trapping is prohibited.
- Park hours are 7 am to 10 pm Only registered campers are allowed from 10 pm to 7 am Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am Excessive noise may fall under the auspices of unlawful assembly and/or disturbing the peace.
- A person/group may not camp for more than seven days in succession without prior approval.
- Pets are allowed only on a leash at all times, no longer than 6 feet and prohibited inside buildings. Pets must have current rabies vaccination. Owners are responsible for cleaning up pet waste.
- Portable stoves or grills are permitted. Fires are only allowed within fire rings and in accordance with state regulations. Do not leave a fire unattended. Ensure fires are completely extinguished before leaving. Harvesting of firewood is prohibited.
- Swimming is not allowed in the Mill Pond or the Minnesota River, due to unsafe swimming conditions.
- Vehicles are only permitted in properly marked stalls and lots. Speed limit within the park is 10 mph. Vehicles (including motorbikes) are not allowed on trail ways.