Welcome Message from the Department
The 15 sworn officers and 8 civilian employees of the Saint Peter Police Department are all highly competent, dedicated and committed women and men who strive to meet the service demands of over 11,400 citizens, a population that is growing.
It is rewarding and challenging for the members of the Saint Peter Police Department to serve our citizens. In so doing, we believe in constitutional principles, ethical and professional excellence, and a police/community partnership.
As you move through our website, you will learn about programs that foster and support the philosophy of Saint Peter, about programs to involve and encourage citizen involvement, about career opportunities, and about a police department with compassion for both victims of crime and police employees.
Call us with your questions. Come back and visit us again. Be safe.
It is the mission of the Saint Peter Police Department to provide services with integrity and dedication, to preserve life, to enforce the law, and to work in partnerships with the community to enhance the quality of life in the City of Saint Peter
- We believe it is our primary responsibility to protect human life and dignity above all else. Therefore, we are committed to treating all human beings, including each other, with utmost respect, courtesy and concern.
- We believe integrity is the basis of trust within our organization and for the people we serve. Therefore, we will strive to maintain the highest ethical standards of conduct in all of our activities.
- We believe as professionals we will always strive for excellence. Therefore, we will support continuous training, career development, modern equipment and methods, and professional attitudes and appearance among all members, and we will continuously and objectively evaluate our own performance and be receptive to new ideas and constructive changes.
- We believe it is our responsibility to protect each individual’s constitutional rights and liberties. Therefore, as professionals, we will perform our duties within the guidelines of the law, without malice or prejudice.
- We believe that each and every member is valuable to the Saint Peter Police Department. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring our safety and supporting each other to achieve our full potential.
- We believe that in our policing activities we have important goals and objectives in common with all departments of the City and that we will assist each other in accomplishing these goals. Therefore, we will work cooperatively with all City employees to to better conduct our police activities and achieve the City's common goals.
- We believe we are accountable to each other and the people we serve, and recognize that we are responsible for our actions. Therefore, we are committed to ensuring that all members have full knowledge of their job responsibilities and that a fair and just system of accountability and reward is in place.
These are the values of the Saint Peter Police Department. They will form the basis of policy developed during the coming years, will provide guidance to all members of the department on how we will approach our mission, and will communicate our aspirations to the general public.