- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial Packet (PDF)
- Curb & Gutter/Driveway/Curb Cut Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Excavation Land Disturbing Permit (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Installation Permit App (PDF)
- Moving Permit Application (PDF)
- New Home Packet (PDF)
Permit fee for replacement of furnace, central air conditioner, or water
heater has increased to $46.00 effective January 2016.
- Plumbing & Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Solar (Distributed Generation Policy)
- City of Nicollet Building Permit Application (PDF)
- City of Nicollet Plumbing & Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
Building permits will not be issued, and work should not begin, until the permit has been approved by the Building Department. Failure to provide all the information requested above will delay or prevent permit approval. After a preliminary review, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please allow 7 days for your building permit application to be processed.
Required Building Inspections
- Footing- When forms and re-enforcing are in place (before pour) and forms for poured walls.
- Foundation Damp Proofing - Before backfill.
- Plumbing Rough-In - 5# air test and visual inspection of waste and vent piping.
- Mechanical - Visual inspection of all ducting, 25# air test for 12 hours on gas piping (complete appliance test tag)
- Plumbing Manometer - When all fixtures are set.
- Wall Board
Gopher State One Call
To: Builders & Contractors
- Contractors work must comply with the Federal OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926-650-652 Subpart P. copies are available at The Building Department Office.
- Maintain open excavations within R.O.W. This is the contact person’s responsibility. If the City has to maintain proper surfaces – materials, equipment, and labor charge outs will apply.
- We will address problems with individual contractors as they arise. Any questions proper to the project should be addressed to the appropriate personnel from the City of St. Peter.
- Please schedule timely street surface repairs. Ten (10) days from initial opening is appropriate.
- The Contractor shall maintain open communication lines with the city to ensure proper interaction. That will help all projects to obtain safe, timely completion and satisfactory results. This benefits all parties involved.
227 South Front Street
Saint Peter, MN 56082
Phone: (507) 934-0662
Fax: (507) 934-4917