Library Card - Borrower's Privileges & Responsibilities
Obtaining a Library Card
To obtain a free library card:
- Complete a registration form
- Present proof of current address (MN driver's license, MN ID card, or phone/utility bill)
- Children under 16 years of age will be required to have a parent or guardian present to sign on the registration form.
- Borrow from an extensive collection of books, audiovisual materials, magazines, and newspapers.
- Receive expert assistance in locating needed information and materials, including interlibrary loan services and electronic databases.
- Choose from recent additions to the collection:
- Over 3000 DVDs
- Over 600 music CDs
- Over 150 periodical subscriptions, including newspapers & magazines
- 15,500 children's book titles
- 14,000 adult book titles, including 25 new bestsellers every month
- Over 600 large print titles
- Over 1000 audiobooks, both cassette & CD
By registering for a library card, users agree to:
- Always present their library card to check out materials.
- Return borrowed materials on or before the due date.
- As of January 1, 2014 NO MORE FINES
- Return all overdue items.
- Have their card blocked and not be allowed to check out new materials if several items are past due.
- Reimburse the library for replacement costs and/or processing fees of lost, stolen or damaged materials checked out on their library card.
- Notify the library if they have lost their library card or have a change in name or address. Library card replacement cost is $1.00.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for materials borrowed on a child's card.