Campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis. No reservations are taken. Campers must register with the Police Department. Please call the Police Department at (507) 931-1550 if you have any questions.
The Police Department is located in the Municipal Building, 207 South Front Street, Saint Peter, MN 56082.
Campers must register at the Police Department in the Municipal Building, located between both Front Street entrances to the Park.
Sites with electric hook-ups are $20.00 plus tax per night, and primitive sites are $10.00 plus tax per night. Campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis and are restricted to one vehicle per site, with no more than 6 people per site unless as a single family unit.
Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
Riverside Municipal Campground is located within the 120 acre Riverside Park on the banks of the Minnesota River in historic Saint Peter, Minnesota.
The park contains nearly 2,000 feet of frontage on the Minnesota River and its related backwaters. A designated state canoe route, the Minnesota River is known for its large walleyes and huge catfish.
Riverside Park houses and accesses miles of hiking, biking, cross country ski and snowmobile trails. It also boasts a boat landing, playground equipment and a two-acre fishing pond for use by youth under age 16 and senior citizens. Facilities nearby include gas, groceries, laundry, hospital and churches.
Rules and Regulations
- The park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. The campground is open only to registered campers after 10:00 p.m. PLEASE BE COURTEOUS - excessive noise between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. is not allowed, and may fall under the auspices of unlawful assembly and/or disturbing the peace.
- Parking is permitted only in properly marked stalls. Keep all vehicles on the designated roadways. Speed limits within the park are 10 mph.
- Camping is allowed only in designated sites.
- Portable stoves or grills are permitted. Open burning and the harvesting of firewood are NOT allowed. Be sure fires are in fire rings and completely extinguished before leaving.
- Pets are allowed only on a leash no longer than 6 feet and are not allowed in park buildings.
- Please dispose of garbage in the proper containers. Littering is a violation of local ordinance.
- Swimming is not allowed in the Mill Pond or the Minnesota River, due to unsafe swimming conditions.
- Firearms, fireworks, airguns, slingshots, traps, bow, etc, are not allowed at any time. Riverside Park is not open to hunting or trapping.
- Motorbikes and other licensed vehicles are not allowed on trail ways.
- The City of Saint Peter is not responsible for lost or stolen items.